Freelance Event Photography:
- Chicago Senior Center – Photographs of seniors at volunteer and recreational events
- Little Brothers/Friends of the Elderly – Styled and captured photos of elders and volunteers at Easter Volunteer Day; Casino and Hollywood events; documentary photos of one elder in home
- Hyde Park Jazz Gala –annual event at Museum of Science and Industry
- Hyde Park Jazz Festival – entertainment, volunteers and attendees
- Columbia College Manifest 2011 – Audio & Acoustics Department –student performance and product/equipment for college department
- Maverick music ensemble event – Styled group and individual photos
- Aspire Gala – Styled and captured photos at annual fundraiser at Hyatt Regency Chicago
- Elle Kay Events (Chicago based event/PR firm)
- Bella Pictures (wedding internship – Summer 2012)
- Coins – On location shots and retouching of valuable coins
- Live Sound International magazine – Styled and photographed location shots of student performance/products for live sound department at Columbia College Chicago
- Ideation Studio – Studio portraits of employees and owner of agency
Teaching – taught art and ceramics:
River East Art Center; Gallery 37 After School Matters; Art Encounter (Chicago Public School Program); American Bar Association After School Program; Youth Motivation Program of Chgo. Chamber of Commerce; Maine South High School guest artist workshop; Lillstreet Studios workshops; Cabrini Connections workshops; Project ASTRO (arts training for foster kids)
Software Expertise: Photoshop CS5, Bridge, Adobe RAW module; MS Publisher; Mac and PC proficient
JURIED SHOWS & EXHIBITIONS – Photography – 2011-12
- McCord Gallery and Cultural Center – Palos Park, IL; Chicago Society of Artists 125th Year Show; June 2012
- Greenleaf Art Center, Chicago; Invitational/Caffeine VI Show
- Manifest 2012 – Columbia College juried show
- SCOPE – Art Takes Miami 2011 - Juried online invitational
- Tom Robinson Gallery – Chicago – “ Expressions” group exhibition, November 2011
- Photo Forum magazine – Best of College Photography, May 2011 - Jurors: Nell Campbell, Editor, Photo Forum; Andrew David Hazy, Professor, School of Photo Arts and Sciences, Rochester Institute of Technology; Steve La Voie, Faculty, Art Center School of Design, Pasadena, CA; Marcia Rubenstein, Program Director, MFA Degree in Photography, Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, CA.
- Women In Photography/ International Faces Invitational - Jurors: Elizabeth Houston, Director, House Projects / New York City;
Pamela Shoenberg, gallery owner, DNJ Gallery / Los Angeles, CA;
Laurie Frank, gallery owner, Frank Pictures Gallery / Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, CA;
Mary Goodwin, Associate Director at Light Work, NY.,)
- Palm Beach Photographic Centre - 14th Annual INFOCUS Exhibition, West Palm Beach, FL; Juror: Harrison Funk-- renowned for innovative documentaries of musicians (i.e. Michael Jackson).
- Pop-up Art - Highland Park, IL; Joy Horwich, Gallerist and Collector, Curator.
- Triangle Gallery of Old Town - Chicago Society of Artists Summer Exhibit, Chicago, IL
- Anti-Cruelty Society art invitational, - Chicago, IL; Juror- Ed Pashke (2006)
- Columbia College, Chicago IL – 2ND B.A. - Photography –- May 2012
- Northwestern University, Evanston IL – Master Degree– Advertising/Marketing; Medill School of Journalism – June 1989
- University of IL, Chicago IL - BA in Design –Graduated with honors and highest distinction; Received faculty award for painting
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
As a senior marketing communications professional (strategy; copywriting; creative direction) for healthcare and other companies, I have produced results with innovative and successful strategy and tactics.
Assignments 2001 - 2012:
- New Control agency; strategic copywriter for financial direct response; developed concept for VISA payWave product
- Health Care Service Corporation (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of IL/TX/NM/OK) Corporate Communications Consultant; integrated direct response physician and tertiary provider campaign encompassing 4 states; full-time assignment from 8/2007 to 6/2008 (9 mos.):
- Received 26th Annual Healthcare Advertising Award (2009) for NPI campaign sponsored by Healthcare Marketing Report; Judged #1 out of 3,600 entries for strategy, creative and results for National Provider Identifier (NPI) enterprise campaign reaching more than 85,000 physicians; increased response from 60% to 95% of market by May ‘08 in IL, TX, NM, OK among both contracted and non-contracted providers; worked on multi-state Provider Relations teams
- Wrote articles from interviews and rough text for Wealth Advisor newsletter – LaSalle Bank, Chicago
- Wrote and produced marketing materials for $2.3 billion financial institution, saving client 40% of budgeted project expense – Harris Nesbitt
- Wrote Annual Report, “Empowering the Individual,” for $285 million financial company (Mesirow); received enthusiastically among top management - Mesirow Financial Services, Inc
- Created strategy and copy (print and email) for annual conference materials reaching 35,000 attendees for international Healthcare IT society - Healthcare Info. & Mgmt Systems Society (HIMSS).
- Product promotion –print and on-line materials to create awareness among 85,000 dentists – benefits and features of new instrument management system including sell sheets - Hu-Friedy.
- Named and created brochure for 400-bed hospital’s internal communications program to improve the quality of patient care and which resulted in over 300 improvement suggestions from staff within six months – Elmhurst Medical Centers.
Insight Health Service Corp., Lake Forest, CA; 1992-2000 $200 million national public health company partnered with medical centers (diagnostic imaging); Director of Marketing, Chicago, IL; Responsible for sales revenue at Chicago sites. Budget of $4-5 million. Staff of 3. Exceeded sales quota seven consecutive years with results ranging from 108% to 135% of quota.
American Bar Association, Chicago, IL Largest voluntary professional association in the world with more than 400,000 members providing law school accreditation, continuing legal education, information about the law and initiatives to improve the legal system; Marketing Manager, Division of Professional Education.
Columbus-Cuneo-Cabrini Medical CenterS, Chicago, IL Not-for-profit, three hospital system with 625 beds; Corporate Marketing Manager
Affiliations and Community Service
- Former tutor/mentor at Cabrini Connections and Volunteers for America and Inspired Youth Chicago
- Former Art Teacher assistant at Gallery 37/After School Matters program –(Maggie Daley, Chair):Project ASTRO (foster kids); Cabrini Connections After School Program
- Board Member- Museum of Contemporary Art (Chicago)—downtown affiliate
- Alumnus - Delta Delta Delta Sorority; Northwestern University